Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Autumn Harvest Pork Loin

Here is my latest favorite recipe. I am all about slow cookers this year as I have 11 different activities to get my kids to after school - and that doesn't include the gymnastics, playgroup and preschool that Alana is starting while the older kids are in school. So if you find that there is no time to make dinner at dinner time, try this recipe!

1 cup cider or apple juice
11/2 - 2 lbs. pork loin
salt, pepper
2 - 3 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
1 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. sage

Heat cider in skillet. Sear pork loin on all sides in cider. (I actually sear it in olive oil and then add the cider to the slow cooker with the seared pork, but the recipe says to sear it in the cider). Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker along with juices. Combine apples and squash and sprinkle with sugar and herbs. Place in slow cooker around pork loin. Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours.

It's delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Di,
My email address is yowendi@hotmail.com
This sounds really fun - I always love new recipes. Just let me know what I need to do!

Blog Archive