Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

German Pancakes or "Hootenanny Pancakes"

I got this from Ashley's blog, who got it from Becoming Betty. I've made it before, but it turns out flat. I want to see if this recipe is better! :)

It's cooking now...and it looks AWESOME!!! :D Wanna see???

(sorry for the glare. This is the best I could get)

My trick? I whipped the eggs w/my super beater for a LONG time before mixing anything else in. Then I whipped it some more. Whip it! Whip it good!

Doesn't it look CRAZY?!?!?! It tasted delicious!

1/4 cup butter
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
*Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put butter in 9X13 pan an melt in oven. In a blender, combine flour, eggs, milk and salt. Blend just until mixed together. Pour into 9X13. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with syrup and powdered sugar.
*Helpful hint: Watch the butter closely while melting it. It burns pretty fast.


Thanks Ashley! Thanks Betty! And thanks to whomever wrote on Ashley's blog saying to whip 'em good.

2 comments:

alisha said...

HUGE hit with the kids tonight. And I whipped it, whipped it good!

Diane Bohn said...

I took it out 7 min early today and I liked it a lot better. It wasn't so tough/dry. Yum! Hunter LOVED it too! :)

Blog Archive