Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Favorite Oatmeal Craisin Cookies


This is really an oatmeal-raisin recipe, but I've changed it up a little, and it is OUR FAVORITE!
(originally from my Southern Living cookie cook book)

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (I add just a little bit more. Maybe an extra Tbsp or two.)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats (works fine with slow oats, or whatever they're called. I also add up to 1/2 a cup more)
1 cup craisins ( or raisins, but the craisins are really what make it)
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (I've never added these. I've never just had pecans in my cupboard.)

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, raisins, and pecans.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until lightly browned (my other variation. I cook them about this long, but I take them out before they brown - and even look a little under cooked. Just to where the tips of ridges onto start to brown. This keeps them super soft and chewy after they've cooled!) Cool slightly on baking sheets (I let them cool on the sheet for at least 5 minutes - especially since they might not necessarily be all the way done); remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.

Sometimes I think that I need to take an adventure and try out all the other cookie recipes that I have, but I always come back to this one. It really is delicious!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive