Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

time saver

Just posting something I do that makes cooking very convenient some nights - freezing cooked meat.

We will grill up a bunch of chicken breasts or thighs on the grill, then freeze them individually in zip lock freezer bags. I can just pull out how many I need for a quick chicken caesar or other salad, or any recipe calling for cooked chicken.

I also cook up 5 lbs of hamburger at a time and freeze the cooked meat in 1 lb portions. I cook it with chopped onion, because nearly every recipe I use with cooked hamburger calls for onion as well. It is sooo much better than freezing 1 lb portions of uncooked hamburger like I used to do - it thaws so much easier and is ready to go.

Hope that helps.

No comments:

Blog Archive