Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

I got this recipe from my friend Delia. Yummy! I love cookies!

1 c. sugar
1/2 c. shortening
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 c. flour

Mix all ingredients 3 at a time starting at the top. When dough is well mixed, refrigerate for about an hour. Using lots of sprinkled flour roll out dough and cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on greased cookies sheets and bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes (depending on how thick you roll out the dough). I try to roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick or less. They will rise in the oven. I did all mine for 8 minutes. I also doubled this recipe and it made 3 trays FULL of frosted cookies.


Powdered Sugar Frosting

1 c. butter softened
1-2 tsp. vanilla
milk
1 pound powdered sugar

Mix everything together using a little bit of milk, then add milk 1 Tbls. at a time until you get the consistency you want. Divide frosting into multiple bowls to color.

No comments:

Blog Archive