Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sweet Pork Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw

I got this recipe from a friend, Summer, and love it!!

Cilantro Lime Slaw

1 package Cole Slaw or whole shredded cabbage (Summer used red cabbage in her demonstration......so I bought red cabbage too. I'm sure it's healthier. Or something.)
1 c. Mayonnaise
1 c. Cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. minced Garlic
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper or a dash of your favorite hot sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Lime Juice
1/2 tsp. Cumin

Combine all but slaw in a mini food processor or chop and combine yourself. Mix desired amount of dressing with slaw mix no more than 30 minutes before serving.
(I used the above recipe with only 1/2 a head of red cabbage and it was perfect for my taste. I liked the slaw to be more juicy. And we didn't need as much slaw because I didn't make as much meat as the recipe below.)


Roasted Sweet Pork
6 (approx) pounds Pork butt/shoulder
1 19 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce
1 can Dr. Pepper (20 oz)
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 Clove Garlic or 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Combine all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on low overnight or until meat is tender.

(I only had a 2 pound Pork Roast in my freezer and used that with the above recipe. There was way too much sauce. Ooops. But it still worked perfectly. I will buy a bigger piece of meat next time and freeze the extra meat, as Summer recommended. You could also half the recipe if you're using less meat, but I didn't want a half a can of enchilada sauce or soda or whatever else......just going to waste. Anyway, just to let you know.)

Then she placed the meat on top of a tortilla (we used grilled corn tortillas.......but I'm sure flour would be good too) and then the slaw on top of that. Fold in half and take your first mouth-watering bite. She also suggested using the meat in burritos or tostadas as well. Or heck, you know this stuff would be good on a sandwich, or even just by itself.......with a fork. Just sayin'. ;o)

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

This was DELICIOUS! I am not a fan of cole slaw and have never actually made it before - but this was yummy. Great flavor/texture with the pork and the cole slaw together. Thanks for posting.

Diane Bohn said...

This is a yummy treat! I halved the recipe and it worked out well...though for half the dressing I only used about a third of a smaller cabbage. I also used chili powder instead of the cayenne pepper (I didn't have any cayenne pepper). (just notes for the future)

Blog Archive