Pages

This site is currently under renovation. Mainly the tabs still need to be updated, so if the pages look weird or are empty, they will be updated shortly. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to let me know! Thanks!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Treats

I stole this from my friend Tannie's blog. These really are scrumptious!!! (Hope you don't mind Tannie!) This is also her picture. ;)

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Treats

2 cubes (1/2 lb) margarine
1 pkg. graham crackers, crushed
1 lb. powered sugar
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy...your preference!)
1 pkg. milk chocolate chips

Melt margarine. Use a mixer to add graham crackers, powered sugar, and peanut butter. Spread with a spatula on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle chocolate chips on the top of the mixture. Put under broiler for one minute. Take out and spread melted chips with a spatula. Refrigerate until cool. Cut into squares.

From the kitchen of Laura Whampler

*Tips: I've made this with butter before instead of margarine and it makes the peanut butter crumbly and it doesn't cut very well. I suggest you use margarine (it's cheaper anyway). Also, I tried this with cinnamon graham crackers last time since I didn't have regular, and you couldn't even tell. I also use a 9x13 pan instead of a cookie sheet - I like them thicker. Just FYI!

No comments:

Blog Archive